Hobo Tags

In 2007 I was photographing for a month in Clarksdale, Mississippi and ran across this set of tags on the side of trains that were pulled off the main track.  They are called “streaks” if done with chalk or a grease pencil or a lumber crayon, “Tags” if done with spray paint. Sometimes they are done by yard workers also.